Current Affairs-17 September 2018
Current Affair #01
Important Sports News (10-15 Sept 2018)
- Arpinder Singh won the bronze medal in the IAAF Continental Cup in Triple Jump.
- In the US Open Tennis 2018, Naomi Osaka has won the Women’s singles title.
- In the US Open Tennis 2018, Novak Djokovic has won the Men’s singles title.
- Bethanie Mattek-Sands and Jamie Murray won the US Open mixed doubles title.
- James Anderson has become the highest wicket-taker among seamers in Test matches.
Current Affair #02
Important Appointments (10-15 Sept 2018)
- Axis Bank appointed Amitabh Chaudhry as its MD and CEO.
- Justice Ranjan Gogoi will be the next Chief Justice of India.
- HDFC Life Insurance has appointed Vibha Padalkar as the MD and CEO.
- L K Advani is appointed as the Chairman of Lok Sabha Ethics Committee.
- Retired Justice Mukul Mudgal was named the Chairman of the selection committee to select Dronacharya and Dhyanchand awardees for 2018.
Current Affair #03
Important Awards & Honour (10-15 Sept 2018)
- Aishwarya Rai was felicitated with the ‘Meryl Streep Award for Excellence’ at the first edition of Women In Film and Television (WIFT).
- Manoj Jhalani has been conferred with the prestigious UN Interagency Task Force award.
- An international child rights body, ‘Terre des Hommes’, based in Switzerland has been awarded the 2018 ‘Balzan Prize’ for humanitarian achievement.
Current Affair #04
Important Days and Events (10-15 Sept 2018)
- ‘World Suicide Prevention Day’ is observed annually on 10 September.
- ‘Hindi Divas’ is observed on 14 September.
- ‘Engineers Day’ is observed on 15 September every year.
- ‘International Day of Democracy’ is observed on 15 September across the world.
Current Affair #05
Important India & World News (10-15 Sept 2018)
- External Affairs Minister, Sushma Swaraj, attended ’23rd India-Russia Inter-Governmental Commission on Technical and Economic Cooperation’ in Moscow, Russia.
- India, Iran and Afghanistan held their first tripartite meeting in Kabul on 11th September 2018.
- For the first time, bus services between Bihar and Nepal have started on 11 September 2018.
Current Affair #06
Important International News (10-15 Sept 2018)
- Russia launched its biggest military exercise, “Vostok 2018” with China.
- Justice Om Prakash Mishra has been sworn in as new Chief Justice of Nepal.
- Hurricane Florence reached the southeastern coast of the United States.
- Super Typhoon “Mangkhut” struck Philippines, Taiwan and Hong Kong.
- G-20 trade and investment ministerial meeting were held in Argentina on 14th September 2018.
Current Affair #07
Imp Science & Tech news (10-15 Sept 2018)
- Dawn, NASA’s space probe for the asteroid belt, is coming to an end due to lack of hydrazine.
- NASA launched Ice, Cloud and land Elevation Satellite-2 or ICESat-2 which will track Earth’s melting poles and disappearing sea ice on 15th September 2018.
- India’s first underwater robotic drone, ‘Eyerovtuna’, was launched on 14th September 2018.
Current Affair #08
Important Defence News (10-15 Sept 2018)
- The military field training exercise for the BIMSTEC nations called ‘MILEX-18’ was conducted at Aundh Military Station near Pune.
- Indo-Mongolia joint exercise ‘Nomadic Elephant-2018’, was held in Mongolia on 10th September 2018.
- Military training exercise between India and USA named as “Yudh Abhyas 2018” will be conducted in Uttarakhand from 16 to 29 September 2018.
Current Affair #09
Important Govt schemes (10-15 Sept 2018)
- Railway Minister Piyush Goyal launched a web portal ‘Rail Sahyog’.
- Union Cabinet has approved a new scheme ‘Pradhan Mantri Annadata Aay SanraksHan Abhiyan’ for farmers.
- India’s first tribal circuit project connecting 13 tourism sites in Chhattisgarh was inaugurated on 14th September 2018.
- The treatment of childhood cancer will be covered under Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana.
- The government of India launched the country’s first National Scholarship Portal Mobile App.
- The West Bengal government has launched a scheme, ‘Swayangsiddha’, to tackle human trafficking.
- Ministry of Power launched a program to encourage the deployment of Energy Efficient chiller systems.
Current Affair #10
Imp Business & Economy (10-15 Sept 2018)
- Infosys, India’s second largest software exporter, has signed an agreement to acquire Fluido.
- The Reserve Bank of India will purchase government securities (G-secs) worth Rs 10,000 crore on September 19, 2018.
- The government mandated that issue of further shares and transfer of all shares by unlisted public companies should be only in ‘demat form’ beginning October 2, 2018.
Current Affair #11
Important National News (10-15 Sept 2018)
- The tourism ministry would organise the 2nd edition of ‘Paryatan Parv’ from September 16 to September 27 2018.
- The 4th edition of World Summit on Accreditation pertaining to educational institutes took place in New Delhi.
- The defence ministry announced that Bengaluru will host the five-day show ‘Aero India 2019’ from 20-24 February 2019.