IBPS Clerk Eligibility Details
IBPS Clerk Eligibility Details:-
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) conducts Common Written Examination (CWE) for the recruitment of Clerical Cadre vacancies which was approved by public sector banks. The candidates who are attempting the common written exam must have the specified age and necessary educational qualification. The following are the eligibility details…
(I) Educational Qualification:
- A degree (bachelor) in any subject from the university recognized by the University. Any equivalent qualifications recognized by the Government of India or the Central Government.
- The candidate should have a valid mark sheet / degree certificate that he is a graduate on that day when he registers and indicates the percentage of marks obtained in the graduation level while registering online.
- Computer Literacy: Operating and working knowledge in computer systems is mandatory, that is, candidates should have certificate / diploma / degree in computer operations / language / computer / information technology as one of the subjects in high school / college / institute.
- Proficiency in the official language of the State / UT (Candidates should know how to read / write and speak the official language of the State / Union Territory) for which a candidate wishes to apply is better. (Some questions may be given at the time of interview to find the candidate’s familiarity with the official language of state / UT).
- Ex-servicemen who do not possess the above civil examination qualifications should be matriculate Ex-servicemen who have obtained the Army Special Certificate of Education or corresponding certificate in the Navy or Air Force after having completed not less than 15 years of service in the Armed Forces of the union.
Note: All the educational qualifications mentioned should be from a University/ Institution/ Board recognised by Govt. Of India/ approved by Govt. Regulatory Bodies and the result should have been declared.
(II) Nationality/ Citizenship:-
A candidate must be either –
- a Citizen of India or
- a subject of Nepal or
- a subject of Bhutan or
- a Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
(III) Age limit:-
The minimum age limit is 20 years and maximum 28 years. i.e. a candidate must have been born not earlier than 02-09-1990 and not later than 01-09-1998 (both dates inclusive).
Relaxation of Upper age limit:
|Sr. No.||Category||Age relaxation|
|1||Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe||5 years|
|2||Other Backward Classes||3 years|
|3||Persons With Disability||10 years|
|4||Ex-Servicemen/Disabled Ex-Servicemen||actual period of service rendered in the defence forces + 3 years (8 years for Disabled Ex Servicemen belonging to SC/ST) subject to a maximum age limit of 50 years|
|5||Widows Divorced women and women legally separated from their husbands who have not remarried||9 years|
|6||Persons ordinarily domiciled in the Kashmir Division of the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 1-1-80 to 31-12-89||5 years|
|7||Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
|8||Regular employees of the Union Carbide Factory, Bhopal retrenched from service (Applicable to Madhya Pradesh state only)||5 years|