ODISHA PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION (OPSC)
ADVERTISEMENT NO. 10 OF 2018-19
Name of the Post: Assistant Section Officers in Group B of Odisha Secretariat Service under Home Department.
Number of Posts: 500
Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree
Last Date: 09.11.2018
No. of Posts
For Daily Current Affairs Updates Click Here
- The candidate must be a citizen of India;
- The candidate shall be able to speak, read and write Odia fluently and must have –
- Passed Middle School examination with Odia as a language subject; or
- Passed Matriculation or equivalent examination with Odia as medium of examination in non-language subject; or
- Passed in Odia as language subject in the final examination of Class VII or above; or
- Passed a test in Odia in Middle English School Standard conducted by the School and Mass Education Department.
- The candidate must be of good mental conditions bodily health and free from any physical defect that is likely to interfere with the discharge of his duties in the service and the candidate, who after such medical examination is not found to satisfy these requirements, shall not be appointed to the service.
- A candidate, who has more than one spouse living, will not be eligible for appointment unless the State Government has exempted his/her case from operation of this limitation for any good and sufficient reasons;
- If a candidate has at any time, been debarred for a certain period/chance(s) by the Odisha Public Suvice Commission or other State Public Service Commission or U.P.S.C. from appearing at any examination/interview, he/she will not be eligible for such recruitment for that specified period/chance(s);
- Government servants, whether temporary or permanent, are eligible to apply provided that they possess the requisite qualification and are within the prescribed age-limit as provided under Para – 3 & 4 of the Advertisement. They must inform their respective Heads of Offices in writing regarding submission of their applications for this rectuitment and obtain “No Objection Certificate”.
- A candidate who claims change in his/her name after having passed the High School Certificate Examination or equivalent examination, is required to fumish copy of publication of the changed name in local leading daily news paper as well as copy of notification in the Odisha Gazette in support of his/her change of name.
- Every candidate selected for appointment shall be examined by the Medical Board as prescribed by the Govemment. A candidate, who fails to satisfy the Medical Board, shall not be appointed;
- Only those candidates, who fulfil the requisite qualification & within the prescribed age limit etc. by the closing date of filling up online application, will be considered eligible;
Bank Jobs For 7275 Posts. Click Here
A candidate must have attained the age of 21 (twenty one) years and must not be above the age of 32 (thitty two) years on the 1 st day of January 2018. However, those who are within prescribed age limit as on 1 st day of January 2013, 1 st day of January 2014, 1 st day of Janumy 2015, I st day of Januaty 2016 & 1 st day of January 2017 shall also be eligible to apply i.e. he/she must have been bom not earlier than 2nd January 1981 and not later than 1 st January 1997. Age relaxation for candidates in different categories for availing relaxation and reservation benefits will be as per Govemment Rules prescribed for the purpose.
Provided that, a candidate who comes under more than one category, he/she will be eligible for only one age relaxation benefit, which shall be considered most beneficial to him/her.
SAVE AS PROVIDED ABOVE, THE AGE LIMITS PRESCRIBED CAN IN NO CASE BE RELAXED.
Date of birth entered in the High School Certificate or equivalent certificate issued by the concerned Board/Council will only be accepted by the Commission.
For All India Jobs Click Here
A candidate is required to pay a non-refundable and non-adjustable fee of Rs. 300/(Rupees three hundred) only. Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe of Odisha and Person with Disability (whose permanent disability is more than 40%) are exempted from payment of this fee.
The candidates are required to take a printout of the finally submitted Online Application Form for future use and take a printout of Online Challan (Pay-in-Slip) for payment of requisite fee at any branch of State Bank of India (SBI). The fee(s) paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor can the fee(s) be adjusted or held in reserve for any other examination or recruitment.
Intrested Candidates Should Send their Application on or Before 09.11.2018