Weekly Current Affairs
( 24-30 September 2018 )
Weekly Current Affairs #01
Important Defence News (24-30 Sept 2018)
- India successfully conducted Prithvi Defence Vehicle missile test off the Odisha Coast.
- INS Kochi was affiliated to the Jammu & Kashmir Light Infantry Regiment (JAK LI) on 24 September 2018.
- Astra missile was successfully test fired by the Indian Air Force, on 26 September 2018 from Air Force Station, Kalaikunda.
Weekly Current Affairs #02
Important sports news (24-30 Sept 2018)
- India’s Deepak Punia won a silver medal at the junior world wrestling championship in Slovakia.
- India won the silver medal in the final of the Asian Team Snooker Championship.
- Indonesia’s Anthony Sinisuka Ginting defeated Japan’s Kento Momota to win the Men’s singles China Open title.
- Sharmila Kumari clinched a gold medal at the 58th National Open athletics championships in Javelin throw.
Weekly Current Affairs #03
Important International News (24-30 Sept 2018)
- Nepal is likely to be the first country in the world to double its tiger population.
- Ibrahim Mohamed Solih won the Maldives’ presidential election on 24th September 2018.
- The UAE will host the Interfaith Alliance Forum in Abu Dhabi on 19th and 20th Nov 2018.
- The famous Indra Jatra festival is being celebrated in Kathmandu in September with gaiety and religious fervor in Nepal.
Weekly Current Affairs #04
Important Days & Events (24-30 Sept 2018)
- International Day of Sign Languages is celebrated on 23 September every year.
- Antyodaya Diwas is observed on 25th September every year
- The Indian Armed Forces observed ‘Parakram Parv’ from September 28 – 30, 2018.
- World Tourism Day is celebrated on 27 September.
- World Rabies Day is celebrated every year on September 28.
Weekly Current Affairs #05
Important National Affairs (24-30 Sept 2018)
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated Sikkim’s first own airport at Pakyong on 24 September 2018.
- The 4th edition of India International Science Festival will be held in Lucknow on October 6, 2018.
- Hyderabad Metro Rail became the 2nd largest metro rail network in India.
- Vice president Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated Smart City Expo India-2018 in Jaipur.
- The Mysuru city police have launched ‘Mysuraksha’ app to ensure the safety and security of auto and cab passengers.
- The Haryana govt approved financial assistance to women and girl acid attack victims scheme.
- The Kolkata Municipal Corporation, with the support of the Asian Development Bank, launched India’s first flood forecasting and early-warning system.
Weekly Current Affairs #06
Important Awards and Honours (24-30 Sept 2018)
- Assamese movie ‘Village Rockstars’ has been selected as India’s official entry to the Oscars 2019.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has been awarded the prestigious United Nations Champions of the Earth Award.
- AAI’s Devi Ahilya Bai Holkar Airport, Indore and Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport, Ahmedabad were conferred with the prestigious National Tourism Awards 2016-17.
Weekly Current Affairs #07
Imp Business & Economy (24-30 Sept 2018)
- Global research agency Fitch raised India’s growth forecast for the current fiscal to 7.8% from the earlier 7.4%.
- BSE has received regulatory approval from the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) to launch delivery-based futures contract in gold (1 kg) and silver (30 kg).
Weekly Current Affairs #08
Important Index and Reports (24-30 Sept 2018)
- Andhra Pradesh has topped among States in terms of “Ease of Living Index” rankings launched by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs.
- India’s ranks 96th among 162 countries on Economic Freedom in the World, released by the Centre for Civil Society (CCS).
Weekly Current Affairs #09
Important India & World News (24-30 Sept 2018)
- India has become the first and only SAARC country to have a quit-line number on tobacco products.
- India will organise ‘Gandhi March’ from the iconic Peace Palace at the Hague in the Netherlands.
- India and Morocco inked two agreements providing for collaboration in cybersecurity and use of outer space.
Weekly Current Affairs #10
Important SC's Verdicts (24-30 Sept 2018)
- Supreme Court said that the legislators can practise as lawyers in courts.
- Supreme Court constituted a 3 member committee to look into the jail reforms.
- Supreme Court agreed to live-streaming and video recording of court proceedings.
- Supreme Court declared the government’s Aadhaar scheme as constitutionally valid.
- Supreme Court has declared that adultery cannot be a criminal offence.
Weekly Current Affairs #11
Important Agreements (24-30 Sept 2018)
- Asian Development Bank will provide a $500 million loan to build climate resilient infrastructure in several cities of Tamil Nadu.
- Asian Development Bank (ADB) will provide $150 million loan for establishing the first multi-skills park in Madhya Pradesh.
Weekly Current Affairs #12
Important Appointments (24-30 Sept 2018)
- The government appointed Rajni Kant Mishra as the Director-General of Border Security Force.
- Rangachari Sridharan was appointed as the first chief of National Financial Reporting Authority (NFRA) on 28 September 2018.
- United Nations Children’s Fund has appointed Ravi Venkatesan has its special representative of young people.
- Vikram Misri is appointed as the ambassador of India to China.
Weekly Current Affairs #13
Important Summits (24-30 Sept 2018)
- The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy will host 2nd Ministerial Meeting of Indian Ocean Rim Association from 2-4 October 2018 in Delhi.
- The inaugural General Assembly of the International Solar Alliance will be held in New Delhi on 2nd October 2018.
- The 2nd Global Renewable Energy Investment Meeting and Expo, (REINVEST- 2018) will be held from 2-5 Oct 2018 in New Delhi.
Weekly Current Affairs #14
Imp Govt schemes (24-30 Sept 2018)
- The government of India launched a web portal- ‘www.psbloansin59minutes.com’- as a transformative initiative in MSME credit space.
- Finance Ministry has launched Mobile Application ‘Jan Dhan Darshak’ as a Part of Financial Inclusion.
- The government of India has enhanced its contribution in the State Disaster Response Fund (SDRF) from 75% to 90% with effect from April 2018.
- The Union Tourism Minister, K.J. Alphons on the World Tourism Day launched the ‘Incredible India’ Mobile App.
- The government launched an online platform for processing applications related to quality certification mark ‘Agmark’ for agricultural products.